Senior Transport Analyst
WSA is searching for a data analytics professional with functional experience from transportation. An ideal candidate has advanced level of analytic skills and entry to mid-level experience in international transportation. We’re searching for an individual who is able to coordinate globally our transportation data analysis and bring it to another level by using experience, common sense and data driven decisions.
The Senior Transportation Analyst reports functionally to the Senior Manager, Global Transportation based in Poland and locally to the Senior Manager, Customer Solutions in Singapore. Working with internal stakeholders is key when focusing on optimizing and reducing the cost base for all transportation execution globally. The main focus areas of the role are (a) data collection and analytics – ca. 60% of workload, and (b) transportation operations support – cca. 40% of the workload.
You will specifically be expected to:
- Develop and lead transportation data collection globally for the WSA group to create and maintain database of WSA’s transportation activities
- Be able to handle big data and create advanced automations for repetitive tasks, eg by using Python or VBA
- Process the data to bring visibility into freight trends (costs, volumes, performance, etc.) and drive improvement and / or corrective actions
- Visualize data using advanced tools such as Tableau or Power BI, create dashboards and be able to present them to higher level stakeholders
- Support internal stakeholders with transportation related requests and work with carrier partners on their execution, eg. advice on right shipping solution, choose carrier partners or negotiate freight rates for non-regular business
- Lead cost-saving or performance-improving projects in the transportation area, eg. Global TMS roll-out
- Other tasks in the area of transportation or data handling as of business
The successful candidate will be an experienced Transportation/logistics professional with international expertise in handling transportation assignments. S/he will be a change agent and an excellent “conductor” of change. S/he will be on top of relevant industry changes and further build on WS Audiology transportation/logistics competitive advantage.
- Entry to mid-level experience from transportation industry (air or parcel freight preferred)
- Strong analytical skills, advanced knowledge of Excel (VBA, macros) and at least one BI tool
- Ability to handle big data and create automations for repetitive tasks (eg. in Python) as a strong plus
- Good understanding of supply chain and logistics processes
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and intercultural skills working with global stakeholders
- Positive attitude towards constant change, ambition to improve and challenge the status-quo
- Display strong communication and stakeholder management skills to work with people across all levels and seniority
- Proven track-record of delivering cost savings within transportation savings or process improvements in transportation
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for applying.